Here is to share the joy brought by the First Multicultural Media Awards for Coverage of Community Affairs in Australia awarded to us by the New South Wales Parliament last September 14.
By way of this post, I would like to thank:
1. Our readers and friends in the community, especially those who have shared with us their stories so that we can help them bring their stories out to public forum.
2. Our advocacy allies for regularly updating us with developments in the Philippine global community so that we may be able to participate in fora and other global opinion venues to help raise the awareness of the community.
3. The New South Wales Parliament through Hon. Shaoquett Moselmane MLC for initiating the Multicultural Media Awards and for recognising the contribution of the Filipino Australian community to multicultural journalism in the country.
4. Consul General Anne Jalando-on Louis, the Philippine overseas mission in Australia, and the Philippine Department of Foreign Affairs for their support to our publications, and sharing with our friends worldwide the news about the award.
5. Our media friends (contributors, bloggers, writers, commenters) in bringing the news to the community through their media outlets including their social networking statuses and updates.
6. News and information providers for featuring information about the award in their publications.
Thank you also to the companies and businesses who continuously support our publications so that we can focus our resources on progressing our mission of helping community members by way of providing them a reliable information service in Australia.
Thank you. Marami pong salamat.
News & Links: Multicultural Media Awards 2012
To date, here are news stories and other publications about the Awards which have come to our notice. Others not mentioned here will be added as information reaches us.
Parliament of New South Wales, Legislative Council – Minutes of Proceedings
Philippine Consulate General in Sydney – â€œThe Filipino Australianâ€ Wins Media Award for Coverage of Community Affairs in Australia
SBS Filipino Radio – The Filipino-Australian Nanalo ng Gawad sa Medya
Radio Sandigan – Radio Sandigan Celebrates Fil-Aussieâ€™s Media Award
Ang Kalatas – Romy Cayabyab wins Multicultural Media Award
The Filipino Australian – First Multicultural Media Awards showcases multicultural and indigenous journalists
IN THE PHILIPPINES:
Department of Foreign Affairs – â€œThe Filipino Australianâ€ wins Media Award for coverage of Community Affairs in Australia
WikiPilipinas – Romeo “Romy” Zamora Cayabyab
ABS-CBN News – Pinoy wins media award in Australia
Global Nation Inquirer – Fil-Aussie journalists shine
PhilStar – Pinoy paper wins Aussie media award
Worldwide Filipino Alliance – First Multicultural Media Awards to a Filipino Australian
Photo: Romy Cayabyab accepting the Award from Foreign Affairs Minister Senator Bob Carr and Arab Bank Australia CEO Joe Rizk and Member of Legislative Council Shaoquett Moselmane MLC (left of Senator Carr)